Residential Youth Worker - Darwin
Job no: 494786
Employment type: Casual, Part Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Make a difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities across the Northern Territory, particularly Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse groups
- Casual positions available offering PT and FT hours, opportunity for P/PT
- Starting rate $27.42per hour + loading for casuals
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply.
At LWB we communicate, act and are driven by our values to be responsive, imaginative, courageous, respectful, and build relationships,
About the Role
Working with the CARE model you will strive to enhance the lives of young people in our Residential out of home care program incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach. To find out more information on the CARE framework please follow the link https://www.lwb.org.au/our-approach/child-youth-and-family/
Working with the young people you will help create a home like environment and tailor your support to the individual needs of each young person. Supporting young people to attain their educational goals, undertake extracurricular activities in line with their interests and supporting their connection to community and family.
Please note: Our residential youth program in Darwin runs a 24/7 roster model. Therefore, successful candidates will be required to work a range of shifts including weekends, active nights, sleepovers, and public holidays.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
- Demonstrate an empathic understanding of complex trauma, incorporating this understanding into everyday interactions, as well as responding to pain-based behaviour in a sensitive and non-punitive way.
Skills & Experience
- Either hold or be actively working towards a formal qualification in allied health, community services or family support. A Certificate IV or higher will be required.
- Valid unrestricted Australian drivers licence.
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification. Must be obtained at your own cost.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Working with Children Check and Child Protection History Check.
- Join one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Ongoing training and mentorship
How to Apply
Simply click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com including “RSW Darwin” in the subject line.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend