Support Worker. Full & Part Time Permanent - Broome
Job no: 494748
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Broome & Kimberley
Categories: Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Join a growing team in Broome who are committed to supporting our aged care community, people with disabilities and people with mental health issues.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering people with varied disabilities to live in and access the community independently and to achieve their individual goals.
We deliver supports in our shared accommodations, however most of the people we support live in their own homes. Our supports include a range of day-to-day activities, such as preparing meals, assisting in the bathroom and engaging in the community in a way that’s safe and enjoyable.
Experience and training is not essential because we recruit based on attitude and how your values align with ours. We have full time hours available but we are also keen to speak to people who need more flexibility in their working week.
- Support in day to day living, promoting cooking, housekeeping, hygiene, shopping and other essential appointments
- Promote and assist Clients to achieve goals identified in Person Centred Plans
- Assist Clients to develop independence
- Utilise positive behaviour strategies
- Maintenance of progress notes and record keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Community Services or willingness to complete
- Understanding of working with people with challenging behaviour and/or people with a disability or mental illness
- Competent computer skills to complete online training and administration tasks
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate (HLTAID001 and HLTAID003)
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the position)
- Salary packaging – meaning you can pay less tax and increase your take home pay
- Flexible, family-friendly culture that will enable you to balance family and work obligations
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend