Job no: 494626
Employment type: Casual
Location: Toowoomba & Darling Downs
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Car and licence required | Working across Toowoomba Region
- Work within the CARE framework | Foster care and residential settings
- Starting rate $31.02 + casual loading + $300 bonus payment in recognition for completing all 10 modules prior to starting your first day
- Casual opportunities available | Growing service
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply.
About the Role
Working in line with the CARE model you will strive to enhance the lives of young people in our Child Youth & Family programs (foster & kinship care) incorporating a therapeutic, trauma informed approach.
You will be supporting young people with such things as school pick up, meal prep, community access, in home support and working closely in line with their goals.
Please note: Our residential youth program in Warwick runs a 24/7 roster model. Therefore, successful candidates will be required to work a range of shifts including weekends, sleepovers, and public holidays.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
Skills & Experience
- Either hold or be actively working towards a Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or a recognised relevant qualification. please check the following site: https://peakcare.com.au/hopehealing/min-quals-res-care
- Valid unrestricted Australian drivers licence.
- Reliable vehicle you are willing to use for transporting clients to and from appointments
- Valid First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification.
- Be willing to hold and maintain 3rd party insurance on the vehicle and ensure your vehicle is regularly serviced
- Complete Hope and Healing Framework Foundations prior to starting
- Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
- Ongoing training and mentorship
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject heading "YW Toowoomba".
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 16 August August 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend