Case Manager. Permanent Full Time - Griffith, ACT
Job no: 494530
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Opportunity to join the Life Without Barriers team on Permanent full time basis as a Client Support Officer to provide support and services to clients with complex needs, and their carers.
In this role you will be responsible for undertaking client assessment and reviews, developing, monitoring, and reviewing service provision and goals in order to ensure the individual needs and goals of clients are met.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role as a Client Support Officer or Case Manager and will have a strong understanding of the Community Assistance and Support Program (CASP) funding model, which provides supports to clients (aged under 65 years) with increased complex care and health needs.
- Undertake client assessments and reviews.
- Produce high quality and comprehensive client support documents.
- Maintain communication with clients in order to support service development, planning and delivery.
- Work with clients to identify and achieve their needs, expectations and goals.
- Maintenance of referrals, client portal records and service bookings.
- Provide case management and/or coordination services for clients.
- Manage and monitor client budgets, funding and expenditure.
Skills & Experience
- Cert III or IV in Human Services or related discipline.
- Experience in delivering services for clients receiving support via Community Assistance and Support Program (CASP) funding.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply person-centred thinking.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Strong IT skills.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check.
- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations.
- Great salary sacrificing and tax benefits through Maxxia.
- Fantastic supportive environment with opportunities for career progression.
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 9th August 2020
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend