Clinician, Alcohol and Other Drug - Christies Beach
Job no: 494405
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We partner with people (including those with a disability, in out of home care, experiencing homelessness, drug and alcohol misuse, who may suffer mental illness, are refugees and older persons) to change lives for the better.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We have two exciting opportunities available with the LWB South Australian Drug and Alcohol Program for Social Worker/Clinician in an innovative Assertive Outreach Drug and Alcohol Program, Next Steps.
We are looking for two highly skilled and motivated people with an alcohol and other drug background to be part of our new teams in the locations of Port Augusta and Onkaparinga regions in South Australia.
In these roles you will ensure that participants who have a history of reluctant engagement with treatment services are encouraged into assessment and treatment for their alcohol and other drug concerns. The role is to provide assertive and targeted outreach support to people referred into the Next Steps Program.
The Social Worker/Clinician will provide community assessment and treatment for people in the acute phase of their alcohol and other drug (AOD) use and is responsible for engaging with participants, families, guardians and other key stakeholders in order to facilitate a cohesive, high quality support service that provides an assertive support system around the participant.
- Provide outreach and face to face engagement of clients, establishing rapport and building trust with difficult to engage clients.
- Provide therapeutic AOD treatment interventions such as; brief interventions, counselling, group work, and family counselling.
- Complete appropriate referrals to external agencies in line with the client’s individualised case plan.
- Work to assist clients with managing alcohol and substance use related conditions.
- Participate in daily multidisciplinary team meetings
- Case management
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Social Work and current registration or eligibility for registration with the professional body or Psychology board of Australia to practice as a psychologist.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing and planning intervention for clients under 18 years of age who exhibit a range of behaviours of concern especially high-risk behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing client–centred / family-centred interventions.
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically as well as well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work within a team passionate about facilitating positive changes for people
- Monthly RDO and great salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training, support and career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter, click 'Apply' and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Manon Timmermans at email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 12th July
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend