Residential Youth Worker (Disability). Part Time and Casual – Grafton
Job no: 494397
Employment type: Casual, Full Time, Part Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast, Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Joining our growing Intensive Therapeutic Care program in the Grafton, your role will involve providing day to day care and actively engaging children and young people with trauma background, complex needs and disability in purposeful activities and routines in order to support and increase life skills including emotional regulation, problem solving and social competencies.
The successful candidate will have a diploma in community services, youth work or similar, an understanding of the impacts of trauma on the development and behaviours of young people, experience supporting young people and/or people with disability in residential settings and availability to work across a 24/7 fortnightly rotating roster.
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and encourage community engagement whilst increasing competencies of children and young people
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Follow medication, hygiene and meal management plans
- Crisis intervention management
- Personal care
- Lifting/manual handling
- Support the involvement of family
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Experience supporting young people in a residential care setting
- Knowledge of trauma and it affects on the development and behaviours of children and young people.
- Experience working with children and young people with disability and complex behaviours
- A current First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted NSW Driver Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Offer energy, safety and commitment in your work through genuine, caring and empathetic engagement.
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Hourly rate from $31.31 per hour + super + salary packaging benefits (dependent on qualifications)
- Ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 27th of September, 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend