Property Assets Officer. Part Time, 12 month contract - Dandenong and Sunshine/Epping
Job no: 494385
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Dandenong, Epping, Sunshine, Melbourne
Categories: Immigration Support Services
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Service
Our National Immigration Support Service (NISS) provides a broad range of support to Asylum Seekers and Refugees who are living in the Australian community while their immigration status is resolved.
Life Without Barriers is the largest national provider of the Status Resolution Support Service (SRSS), contracted by the Department of Home Affairs. Due to recent growth and extended funding we are now able to provide our service to more people seeking asylum and refugee status in Australia.
About the role
Due to ongoing growth we are currently seeking two part-time (0.6FTE) Property Assets Officers to manage a portfolio of residential properties across Victoria. You will be required to maintain sound working relationships with clients, stakeholders and community groups whilst facilitating the implementation and delivery of property and asset needs as well as completing ongoing property inspections.
The Property Assets Officer roles require regular travel to properties across their allocated regions of metropolitan Melbourne. One successful candidate will be required to work three days per week from the Dandenong site managing properties in the South East region and the other successful candidate will be required to work three days per week between our Epping and Sunshine sites managing properties in the North West.
Each Property Assets Officer will have access to a company vehicle to undertake all required travel.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in end-to-end Property Management
- Understanding and experience of VCAT processes and tenants’ rights
- Comprehensive understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Certificate IV Property Services
- Current driver's licence
- Previous experience in property management experience in residential Real Estate
- Demonstrated ability to interpret processes/procedures and apply these to the provision of a high level of service and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships with multiple stakeholders including clients from CALD backgrounds, some with significant mental health issues or suffering trauma and torture related issues.
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to oversee all property related requirements for vulnerable clients including sourcing, managing and returning rental properties
- Ability to furnish homes within budget and protocols as well as manage the removal and storage of household goods
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and reliable attitude and be a team player
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant
- Excellent tax benefits and salary packaging options
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Tracy Donnarumma – email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Friday 10th July
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend