Audit & Assurance Lead. Permanent Full Time
Job no: 494356
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne
Categories: Practice & Quality
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working as part of the national Practice and Quality team you will contribute to the implementation of the national Integrated Internal Audit and Assurance Program and support effective implementation of client safety and wellbeing governance. You will help to identify improvements to client service delivery outcomes and practices in this truly rewarding role. This role can be located in either Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane or Melbourne.
- Assist in implementing a risk-based audit and assurance strategy
- Lead, coordinate and report on the delivery of the Internal Audit and Assurance Program
- Conduct or oversee routine and ad hoc audits, investigations or reviews of non-financial systems, processes and business activity
- Contribute to assurance mapping and reporting strategy
- Provide expert advice and analysis on:
- Key strategic and operational risks and appropriate compliance and control frameworks
- Audit methodology and effective audit strategy
- Options to maximise service delivery performance and efficiencies
- Improvement to audit and assurance performance reports
- Compliance with key legislative requirements, standards, contracts, and LWB policy and procedure o integrity and consistency of ethical conduct and probity
- Maintain complete and accurate data capture from external and internal audits and reviews
- Manage a system of continuous improvement to prioritise and monitor improvement activity
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management, Human Services or similar
- Current Auditor accreditation or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in external or internal Audit and Continuous Improvement management within a Human Services organisation (or similar)
- Significant experience in managing resources and tracking multiple audits and audit reports
- Demonstrated application and understanding of governance, audit and risk management principles and practices
- Experience in audit report preparation and detailed analysis of audit outcome data
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, external organisations, funding bodies and government agencies.
- Flexible location
- Excellent salary packaging benefits through Maxxia
- Monthly rostered days off
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Mikaella Latimore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 8 July 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend