Disability Support Workers. Permanent Part Time & Casual - Central Coast
Job no: 494329
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Gosford & Central Coast
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Opportunity to join our Disability Services team on the Central Coast as a Disability Support Worker.
In these roles you will support and empower clients with a range of disabilities (including high medical, complex needs, dual diagnosis and behaviours of concern) to live independently, access the community and achieve their goals. We are currently seeking dedicated and passionate team members to join both our Lifestyle Support and Supported Independent Living teams.
- Lifestyle Supports Team - Support clients to access our facility (day programs) and community based services. The scope of hours in this team range from 6am to 9pm 7 days per week, in line with clients support plan, needs and preferences. Positions in this team are available on a casual basis.
- Supported Independent Living Team - Support clients to live independently in their own or shared homes (group home). To be considered for these roles, you must be available and willing to work a varied pattern of shifts across a 24/7 roster (including short shifts, night shifts, weekends and public holidays) due to the support needs of our clients. Positions in this team are available on a permanent part time and casual basis.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience supporting People with Disability, Community Justice Programs, behaviours of concern/or mental health
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or similar or willingness to obtain within first 2 years of employment
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Sound computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to client support plans and complete documentation
- Commitment to providing quality support, customer choice and inclusion
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter outlining your role preference, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Hayley Nash at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 19 August 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend