Job no: 494321
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Join our Hurstville or Baulkham Hills team as Case Manager on 12 month maximum term contract. As Case Manager you would develop and implement Case Plans or Individual Plans for children and young people living in Family Based Care.
The service delivery area will be within a two hour radius of either location.
- Develop and implement high quality case plans or individual plans for children and young people in LWB's care
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children and young people in family based care as well as their families in order to reach positive outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to Foster Carers in relation to their caring for children and young people in their home
- Support and monitor placements and ensure carers participate in the case planning process and assist them to implement the strategies outlined in the case plan
- Meet with clients and family members to gather input for case plans and ensure their views are represented
- Participate in on call roster as required
- Support and maintain client welfare and interests at all times
- Ensure compliance with all internal policy and procedure, statutory and contractual requirements in relation to management of service delivery
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Services or related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of current casework practice
- Experience in working with children and young people in family based care
- Current NSW driver's licence
- Great tax benefits and monthly rostered days off
- On-going training and development opportunities
- Laptop and Mobile phone
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Erin Bye at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Thursday, 24 September 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend