Home Manager (Intensive Therapeutic Care). Permanent Full Time - Grafton
Job no: 494271
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Coffs Harbour & North Coast, Lismore & Far North Coast
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Join our Grafton team on a Permanent, Full Time basis as an Intensive Therapeutic Care Residential Home Manager. This role is responsible for managing a Significant Disability Therapeutic Care Home with a wide range of responsibilities for managing the home including; supervision and rostering of staff, managing program budgets and activities and establishment of a safe homelike environment.
- Work as part of the leadership team within Significant Disability Therapeutic Care to address the impacts of abuse, neglect, separation from families and complex trauma on children and young people.
- Be actively present in the home environment, and provide role modelling, coaching and mentoring for staff in applying the principles of the CARE model to all interactions with children and young people and families
- Manage, support and provide reflective supervision to a team of Therapeutic Support Workers.
- Model and support staff to apply the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention system (TCI) to prevent, de-escalate and respond to crisis incidents involving children and young people.
- Support staff to provide personal care, hygiene, medication management and meal management
- Build professional, trusting relationships with children and young people through visible interest and active engagement.
- Manage the Intensive Therapeutic Care Home in accordance with the CARE model, legislation, relevant standards, LWB policies and procedures and funding body requirements.
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or relevant Diploma working towards a Bachelor’s Degree. A qualification is desirable but not essential for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with appropriate experience and willingness to undertake further training
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team
- A commitment to working alongside practice models, policies and procedures
- Current First Aid Certificate and current driver’s licence.
- Experience working with children and young people with a disability who have experienced trauma and disadvantage.
- Experience working with Complex Behaviours
- Permanent, full time role
- Attractive remuneration package, and salary packaging
- Monthly rostered days off
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 9th of August, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend