Residential Youth Worker. Permanent Part Time - Orange
Job no: 494190
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Blue Mountains & Central West, Dubbo & Central NSW
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Permanent part time positions available within our Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) houses in Orange. Working directly with Young People with trauma background, this position is based in a 24/7 Residential Setting with fortnightly rotating shift rosters.
The successful candidate will hold or be in enrolled in study towards a Diploma of Community Services, Youth Work or similar, have experience working with Children and Young people with trauma background and a strong understanding of the impacts of abuse, neglect, separation and trauma on children and young people.
You will be part of a rural community located on the lands of the Wiradjuri people. Enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Orange where you will experience good food, wine and a rich history just 45 minutes from Bathurst all while making a positive impact on the lives of young people in care.
- Develop, implement and monitor individual plans
- Provide day to day care, supervision and transport to children and young people
- Actively participate in activities and increase competencies of young people
- Mentoring of young people
- Maintenance of progress notes and report writing
- Support the involvement of family
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in Community Services, Youth Work or similar
- Candidates with relevant experience and willingness to obtain a diploma will be considered
- A current Senior First Aid Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver's Licence
- Ability to work various shifts (sleepover & active nights) throughout the week
- Experience working with young people
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Great salary packaging benefits through Maxxia
- Hourly rate from $31.31 per hour + superannuation (dependent on qualifications)
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Sunday the 29th of November, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend