Therapeutic Specialist - Child, Youth & Family
Job no: 494176
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia, Darwin
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
- Newly created positions, with a fantastic opportunity to grow your career in a regional location
- Excellent remuneration package | Based in Alice Springs
- Make a difference in the lives of children, young people, families and communities across the Northern Territory
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are seeking a Therapeutic Specialist to join our Northern Territory team in Alice Springs. The Therapeutic Specialist plays a critical role in overseeing and coordinating the functions within the Intensive Therapeutic Care programs undertaken by Life Without Barriers.
You will demonstrate commitment to the care and protection of children and young people, predominately from Aboriginal and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, by ensuring implementation of the CARE model and all elements of therapeutic care are consistently applied across programs, services and practice. To find out more information on the CARE framework please follow the link https://www.lwb.org.au/our-approach/child-youth-and-family/
A high level of cultural competency is extremely important for these roles, prior experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander young people will be highly regarded.
- Lead Intensive Therapeutic Care (ITC) out of home care teams
- Ensure that quality therapeutic care consistent with the CARE model is delivered to Children and Young People across the ITC service, including within Therapeutic Care Homes
- Facilitate Care Team Meetings, a culture of reflective practice, provide expertise and guidance during the formulation of Therapeutic Care Plans and Behaviour Support Plans
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of Children and Residential Experiences (CARE) and Therapeutic Crises Intervention (TCI) in order to model the practices to staff at all times and ensure the core principles of the CARE model are applied in all therapeutic interventions
- Monitor, coach, support, motivate and develop residential teams to enable them to deliver to the best of their ability
- Provide an environment free of abuse, harm and exploitation for people we support
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing.
- Current registration with the professional body relevant to qualifications.
- 2 years experience in a therapeutic care setting or working in a clinical environment with Children and Young People in OOHC
- Demonstrated experience to manage services within a budget.
- Demonstrated experience working within a complex, dynamic and high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Significant experience using evidence based assessment tools with young people with trauma informed behaviour and using resultant assessments to inform planning
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check, Child Protection Check and Working with Children Check.
- Monthly RDO
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Supportive team environment
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3440 6338 with the subject heading ‘Therapeutic Specialist NT’
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend