House Supervisor (DDSO3A) - Full Time – East Melbourne Region, 4 Positions VDAS
Job no: 494137
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
These roles independently deliver or supervise services that support people with disabilities, across their life cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity and respect in the least restrictive environment. As the successful new addition to our team, you will be required to demonstrate strong leadership qualities, have experience in working with clients in a group home setting; with complex behaviours, some medical requirements and mental health. You will also have strong knowledge of relevant legislation as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
The 4 positions are situated in the following East Melbourne suburbs:
- Doncaster East
- Lead and plan support for people with disabilities to participate in a range of life areas based on the goals of individual support plans
- Advocate on behalf of clients and their families, to support inclusion, participation and respect for rights
- Administer medication treatments and therapies or seek appropriate medical assistance according to prescribed protocols
- Work to develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and practice knowledge
- Be professionally accountable for autonomous decisions that impact on clients and staff, made within bounds of department policy and with management support
- Prepare detailed reports, data and notation within area of expertise or responsibility and identify areas of service improvement
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Victorian Drivers Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on the 7th June 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend