Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO1Q) - Part Time - Bentleigh, two roles, VDAS (494132)
Job no: 494132
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
Life without Barriers as an organisation at the forefront of the community services sector and a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation, currently employs 8,000 employees in more than 530 communities across Australia. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply to work with us.
Within the Victorian Disability Accommodation Services (VDAS) arena, we are growing and continue to make a positive difference in the daily lives of adults with disability across 130 houses providing support to 500+ clients across the Melbourne Metropolitan area.
Are you looking for a job with a difference? Life Without Barriers offers employees, excellent career opportunities within the Disability Development and Support space.
- A career that is stimulating, rewarding and uniquely satisfying
- A career with a path for further development and personal growth
- Work in supportive teams making a positive impact in the lives of clients actively living with a disability, achieving inspiring individual goals and helping them live life to the fullest
- A position which offers stability in a sector which is evolving and consistently looking to be more responsive to our clients’ needs by being creative, respectful, courageous and enabling them to achieve outcomes that matter to them.
About the role
Supporting 6 male residents (55 + age profile) who have all lived together for a considerable time and know one another well. All are relatively independent requiring moderate level of assistance with personal care and mobility (1 resident has an electric wheelchair, so some manual handling is required. Any behaviours of concern and medication assistance are well managed and the staff support residents in activities they enjoy painting, walks and getting to try the café culture scene. Family interaction and support is also welcomed and continues to provide connection family and the community. You will be joining an experienced and supportive team and the atmosphere in the house is positive and friendly.
This roles is a permanent part-time rostered shift working position: 42.30 hr/41 hr fortnightly splits comprises a mix of Early Mornings and afternoon/ evening shifts
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experienced in supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- Certificate IV in Disability
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate and CPR Cert
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency essential
- Demonstrated compliance with NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers
How to Apply: Job Ref 494132, attach your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close at midnight on the 17th May 2021.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend