Advanced Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO2A)- Part Time - Bentleigh- VDAS
Job no: 494130
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This role is responsible for providing support and information for people with disabilities, across their life-cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity and respect in the least restrictive environment. As the successful new addition to our team, you will be required to demonstrate previous experience working with some behaviours of concern, and previous leadership experience in a group home. Please be aware that this is a roster-based, hands-on position and not office based. This is an active and lively house that requires energy and a willingness to be hands-on and involved with the client’s activities. You will also have strong knowledge of relevant legislation as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
- Located in Bentleigh- Supporting the House Supervisor to provide best practice support, supervision and mentoring to other team members
- Provide direct support to clients with some behavioural needs, to participate in a range of life areas based on the goals of individual support and care plans
- Advocate for people with a disability to improve client outcomes and achieve desired goals by engaging with clients and their families
- Provide information, advice and referral, where required, to crisis intervention services for people with a disability, their families, carers and/or service providers
- Develop, implement, monitor and review client support plans (under professional supervision)
- Under general direction, undertake more complex direct care functions or contribute to the design and implementation of a range of plans where appropriate
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Full driver’s licence
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven experience working at a senior level within a disability support
- An active and energetic outlook when supporting clients and a willingness to take part in activities.
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating empathy and understanding of clients' needs and showing ability to expresses thoughts and ideas in a constructive and diplomatic way both orally and in written formats
- Positive Stakeholder management skills: responsive to clients’ needs including maintaining positive communication with clients and stakeholders
- Self-management: demonstrating the ability to accept responsibility for own actions; focus on the key goals whilst drawing on personal strengths and recognising and addressing areas for development
- Advanced computer skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 7th June 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend