Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO1Q) - Part Time - Templestowe - VDAS
Job no: 494128
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Disability Support Worker to join our team in Templestowe in this exciting Part-Time opportunity. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s including personal care.
In this role you will work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with and for clients. This role involves working with clients with various medical needs and behaviours and will require sleepovers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the house
- Develop planned activities in line with departmental policies and guidelines
- Liaise with family members, medical services, departmental services and external services to help meet client needs
- Develop, implement, monitor and review a range of client support plans, with oversight from senior staff, using knowledge of client need, preferences and interests
- Provide quality direct support to clients in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including Individual Plans
- Administer medication treatments and therapies according to prescribed protocols or otherwise, seek appropriate medical assistance
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Previous experience working in an environment with Autistic clients highly regarded
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Great part time opportunity: Rostered hours of 97.5 hours per month
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on the 5th June 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend