Support Coordinator, NDIS
Job no: 494117
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Based in Hobart on a permanent, full time basis, the purpose of the Support Coordinator, NDIS is to assist NDIS participants in the support coordination and implementation of all supports in their funded plan, including informal, mainstream and community supports, as well as funded supports.
- Support the customer to implement their NDIS plan, including assistance to identify and select providers
- Monitoring plan outcomes & plan expenditure to ensure the plan remains in budget
- Strengthen and enhance the customer’s abilities to self-direct their own supports and participate in the community;
- Ensure mainstream services meet their obligations (i.e. housing, education, justice, health)
- Ensure clear, accurate and timely record keeping including making information accessible to the customer
- Build a positive team environment through the demonstration of good communication and interpersonal skills and appropriate peer support
- Model appropriate conflict resolution, communication and positive behaviour management skills
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications including Diploma in Disability, or Certificate IV in Mental Health, or similar
- Demonstrated experience in working with people with a disability, including supporting people with disability to develop positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated application of the objectives and principles of the National Standards for Disability Services
- Commitment to the values of dignity, respect, inclusion, empowerment, confidentiality and strength-based practice
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and their families to support them as participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Strong time management skills in a high volume work environment
- Great learning & development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration with access to salary packaging
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Sunday 31st May 2020
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend