Shared & Supported Living Coordinator. Full Time - Baulkham Hills
Job no: 494113
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Work closely with our clients and their stakeholders, to develop and implement supports that actively meets their needs and goals as well as provide ongoing guidance, mentoring and support to a team of Team Leaders & Disability Support Workers across supported independent living homes in the Western Suburbs of Sydney.
- Engage with clients and their stakeholders to build rapport and understand their needs, preferences and expectations
- Oversee the delivery of services, ensuring that the supports provided are reflective of our clients’ service agreements and Life Without Barriers policies and procedure
- Manage the compliance of each service location to ensure that services are operating within LWB policies and procedures, and in line with funding/budget.
- Advocate where required with the NDIA, Support Coordinators, families, guardians and other stakeholders to respond to customers changing needs and/or goals.
- Lead, coach and mentor a team that includes Team Leaders and Disability Support Workers.
- Provide after hours, on-call support on a rostered arrangement
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV or higher in Disability, Mental Health or Community Services or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Demonstrated leadership experience within the disability support sector – ideally in an Accommodation support service.
- Working knowledge of the National Disability Insurance scheme (NDIS) and relevant legislation
- Demonstrated commitment to customer choice, inclusion and quality practice
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to build a shared understanding of, and commitment to Life Without Barriers’ Purpose and Values
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Attractive Remuneration Package with excellent tax benefits
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Friday the 29th of May, 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend