Operations Manager Disability, Aged Care & Mental Health - Perth Metro
Job no: 494078
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Aged Care, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental Health issues. We work with people who experience substance misuse, are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an innovative and experienced Operations Manager to lead and support the service delivery and growth of our Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health Services in Perth Metro.
This role will suit someone who is highly motivated, strategic and able to quickly grasp and respond to local needs. You will have experience in the senior management of disability, mental health and/or community based aged care services. You will use your business acumen and interpersonal skills to engage and work with multiple stakeholders, as well as promote LWB as a quality service provider.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter able to provide both leadership and coaching to a multidisciplinary team working across a diverse range of community-based services.
This position is responsible for the implementation and delivery of programs which provide quality services to LWB clients. This includes the management of budgets, human resources, client relationships and stakeholder engagement. With a focus on client outcomes, quality, standards, growth and performance of each service.
- Ensure that services provided to clients are of the highest standard
- Manage programs that are compliant with legislation, standards, contractual requirements and internal policy.
- Manage business unit within approved budget.
- Develop and maintain local operational and administrative systems and procedures to support the effective management of programs.
- Ensure a consistent standard of quality in accordance with regulations prescribed in relevant legislation and funding agency standards.
- Develop, lead, motivate and manage a diverse team.
- Manage risks and issues arising in the course of service management.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the growth and diversification of LWB business.
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualification in Human Services or related discipline
- Significant management experience in the delivery of disability and mental health programs
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Advanced interpersonal/communication skills, including verbal, written and negotiation.
- Ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically, meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Being part of a dynamic team who are responsive to the needs of clients
- Attractive remuneration package with excellent tax benefits
- Car Allowance, mobile phone, laptop and monthly Roster Day Off
How to apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 14th June
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend