Disability Support Worker. Part Time - Tennant Creek
Job no: 494060
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with Disability. Our core business in Alice Springs is supporting clients who have complex behaviours to live as independently as possible with others or on their own in a proactive environment.
We are currently looking of Disability Support Workers to join our team on a permanent part time basis. We provide 24/7 support to a lot of our clients and therefore the roster for this position includes sleepover shifts and occasional weekends.
This position is based in Tennant Creek (500 km from Alice Springs)
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community access and transport
- Maintain and monitor person-centred plans
- Documenting and progress note keeping
- Following and adhering to Positive Behaviour Support plans and restrictive practices where applicable
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Certificate III Individual Support, Community Services or similar (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience working with Complex Behaviours
- Passionate about delivering Person-Centred care
Critically, your experience supporting high needs customers with Positive Behaviour Support Plans and passion for providing Active Support will drive you to make a real difference to the lives of those we support.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Flexible roster arrangements
- Competitive hourly rate and salary packaging options
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Disability Support Worker - Alice Springs”.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is midnight 9th July 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here: https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend