Supporter of Carers
Job no: 494015
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Townsville & Northern QLD
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role and responsibilities
Max-term position available until mid-January 2021.
You will be responsible for providing ongoing support and supervision to Foster Carers in relation to their caring for children and young people in their home. Your role will be instrumental in supporting carers to provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical and emotional safety of children and young people, as well as planning, coordinating and delivering training for our dedicated carers and prospective carers.
You will play a vital role in working with the Department of Child Safety and other stakeholders to coordinate and maintain appropriate and well-matched placements for children and young people.
The role will require high level written and verbal communication skills, experience in conducting interviews and foster carer assessments, conflict management and negotiation skills, and a solid understanding of the Child Protection Act and relevant legislation requirements in Queensland.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in social work, psychology or equivalent (desirable)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (required)
- Certificate IV in Community Services (or higher equivalent)
- Comprehensive understanding of the issues facing children and young people in foster care
- An understanding of the requirements for foster carers and an ability to complete high quality initial and renewal foster carer assessments
- Demonstrated relevant experience in foster care
- Sound understanding of contemporary positive approaches to challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of the Human Services sector
- Understanding of the legislative requirements that operate for the care and protection of children (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train and provide support to others
- Current Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Monthly RDO
- Salary packaging tax benefits
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading ‘SupporterofCarerTownsville’
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend