Residential Support Worker, Casual - Alice Springs
Job no: 493826
Employment type: Casual
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability experience to apply.
About the Role
Guided by the six principles of the CARE model, the Youth Worker provides direct care and mentoring of children and/or young people with a wide range of responsibility for specialised program activities, child/young person development and supervision, and promotion of a safe environment. Activities may take place in community settings or in the child or young person’s home.
Because of the life experiences and trauma histories that the children and young people in our care bring, this role must not only provide adequate safety and supervision but must be actively engaged in building positive relationships and solving problems as part of a team. LWB people in this role must offer energy, safety and commitment in their work with our children and young people through genuine, caring and sensitive engagement.
Please note: we provide 24/7 support to children and young people in a residential setting and successful incumbents will be required to work weekends, sleepovers, active nights, and public holidays.
- Form and maintain professional, nurturing relationships with children and young people by building trust through visible interest and active engagement
- Act as an appropriate adult role model, seeking to engage young people in purposeful activities aimed at developing life skills and self-worth
- Support the involvement of family and where applicable, facilitate family visits/connection and the promotion of positive family relationships with children and young people, to suit individual needs
- Promote and encourage positive relationships with peers and other persons significant to the child/young person
- Assist the child/young person to participate as full as possible in making decisions about the activities undertaken
Skills & Experience
- Either hold or be actively working towards a Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential Care) or a recognised relevant qualification.
- Valid unrestricted Australian drivers licence.
- Reliable vehicle you are willing to use for transporting clients to and from appointments.
- Valid Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certification.
- Be willing to hold and maintain 3rd party insurance on the vehicle and ensure your vehicle is regularly serviced
- Complete Hope and Healing Framework Foundations prior to starting
- Have a mobile phone for work purposes; this will enable you to send/receive emails, access rosters, complete incident reports and access e-learning for LWB. You will need to have access to a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet which is compatible with LWB’s Company Portal. Do you have an Apple device with iOS version 6.6.3 or later or an Android device version 5.1 or later?
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Rewarding role with extensive opportunities for professional development
- Competitive hourly rate and access to salary packaging through Maxxia
- Ongoing career opportunities
- Hope & Healing bonus of $300 in recognition for completing all 10 modules prior to starting your first day
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Residential Support Worker, Casual - Alice Springs’
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend