Job no: 493813
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Psychologist to be a part of our Clinical Services team based in Unley and to provide high quality clinical support to LWB clients. The position is on a 12 months full-time basis. There is potential for extension.
There is also the availability of internal Psychology Board Approved supervision from qualified Psychology Supervisor.
This exciting additional position would suit someone with sound therapeutic skills who enjoys working with children or adults. The types of clients that seek services from our psychologists include;
- Children in therapeutic foster care or residential care who present with challenging behavioural and emotional issues due to their trauma experiences and their carers
- Children or adults with disabilities who receive funding through the NDIS, in particular; positive behaviour support planning & specialist behavioural intervention support, and therapeutic support
- Children in need of the cognitive and educational assessments
You will also have the opportunity to utilise our Living Arts program to develop creative therapies.
You will have a sound knowledge of child development (including normal development, neurobiology of trauma, attachment difficulties, disability and developmental delays), excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work collaboratively within a care team.
Skills & Experience
- Masters qualifications in Psychology and a full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia is required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with children and/or adult clients who exhibit challenging behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in administration of a range of cognitive and adaptive behaviour assessment tools.
- Ability to work in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and think laterally and strategically as well as well-developed problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and Understanding of a commitment to the principles of EEO, Safety, Cultural Diversity and Ethical Practice
- Current Driver License
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Diverse and inclusive organisation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply
Please include your resume and covering letter and click Apply and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday, 5th April 2020.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend