Job no: 493803
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The role of Clinical Lead – QLD plays a critical oversight and coordination function within the Client Services Team. The incumbent actively participates the Child Youth and Family leadership team and works in partnership with all teams to provide clinical oversight of relevant evidence-based programs and therapeutic advice and support to improve client outcomes. The position takes a lead role in the implementation and management of Multisystemic therapy (MST) an evidence-based practice model to ensure high quality therapeutic outcomes for clients.
This role can be based in our Milton or Shailer Park offices.
- Monitor, coach, support, motivate and develop clinicians and employees to enable them to deliver services to the best of their ability
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide expert clinical advice and consultation across the areas of out of home care, youth justice, disability, aged care and mental health, especially as these areas relate to and are impacted by trauma
- Ensure each service sector develops and maintains effective, relevant internal processes including intake, assessment, planning and review
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of CARE and TCI in order to lead and model the practices to staff at all times and ensure the core principles of the CARE model are applied in all therapeutic interventions
- Proactively engage internal and external stakeholders with the view of establishing LWB as a leader in clinical practice.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement strategies and processes within, and across, programs.
Skills & Experience
- Accredited Master’s degree in Clinical, Counselling, Forensic, Educational or Developmental Psychology or Master’s degree in Social Work with significant experience in therapeutic settings.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of client support services across a diverse range of high and complex needs programs.
- Demonstrated experience in clinically supervising others in the application of a variety of evidence-based assessment and intervention skills at a senior level
- Experience in the delivery of clinical services in out of home care, youth justice, disability services and/or mental health.
- Expertise in clinical assessment and intervention and their application to children, youth and families
- Demonstrated understanding and application of child development and complex trauma and its effects on children and young people in out of home care.
- Demonstrated experience in managing services within a budget.
- Demonstrated experience working within a complex, dynamic and high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high functioning, multidisciplinary teams.
- Proven experience in building and managing relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in managing competing priorities to deliver high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes
- High level analytical, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex clinical concepts in a concise manner
- Proficient ability in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Current driver’s license.
- The ability to travel if required
- The position is also required to be on call periodically
- The position requires some flexibility with working hours due to the nature of our services
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, including mobile phone and laptop + non for profit tax reduction options.
- Onsite shared parking options
- Supportive team environment
- Salary packaging tax benefits, Meal Entertainment benefit, novated leasing and more
- Growing organisation with great career opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Clinical Lead - QLD’
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is the 15th April 2020.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend