Disability Development & Support Officer (DDSO1Q) - Part Time - Glenhuntly - VDAS
Job no: 493633
Employment type: Part Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are looking for two experienced Disability Support Workers to join our team in Glenhuntly in this fantastic team on a part-time basis. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s. The clients are all ambulant, thus require minimal manual handling and the emphasis of the role is to ensure the men are supported to live as independently as possible and are encouraged to learn new skills every day and achieve positive outcomes with the clients.
The roles are both ongoing part-time positions.
Position 1: 39.5/35 hr fortnightly split. One sleepover each fortnight. 8am – 5pm shifts every second Saturday and Sunday.
Position 2: 57.5/58.5 hrs fortnightly split.3 sleepovers per fortnight. 10am – 8:30pm shift every second Saturday and Sunday
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities
Skills & Experience
- Certificate IV in Disability or equivalent Disability related qualification
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan
- Permanent residency or Australian Citizenship is an essential requirement for these positions.
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Growing and client focused organisation
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on the 20th July 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend