Roster Officer. Full Time, Maximum Term - Newcastle
Job no: 493630
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Working in established rostering team, you will be responsible for the creation and monitoring of regional rosters to effectively meet clients’ service agreements, support needs and preferences. This team currently schedule a workforce of 300+ frontline employees, that deliver support to approximately 400 clients.
You will be required to use you to use your highly developed interpersonal skills to build confidence and trust with our clients and employees, whilst ensuring that our available employees are being rostered in a way that values and promotes workforce sustainability.
This position is based in Newcastle, and is offered on a full time, maximum term contract ending December 2020.
- Develop and maintain staffing rosters in accordance with client needs, service agreements, budgets and award requirements
- Build positive relationships through engagement with stakeholders, including clients, families and colleagues
- Respond to ad-hoc roster change requests, ensuring amendments are recorded are clearly communicated to stakeholders
- Ensure staff availability patterns are recorded and kept up to date
- Escalate rostering and staff skill gaps, and work with line managers to identify solutions
Skills & Experience
- Prior experience within high volume rostering and/or workforce planning role
- Previous utilisation of rostering software systems, and understanding of workforce management principles, HSE and awards
- Demonstrate experience managing competing priorities to deliver outcomes within required timeframes
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Access to Salary Packaging through Maxxia
- Monthly rostered day off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kristy Crowe via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 23rd February 2020
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend