Job no: 493603
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Child, Youth & Family
Case Manager. Full Time - Ipswich
Directly manage a team of Youth Workers that provides support to children and young people. Ipswich location. Tool of Trade vehicle included.
- Directly manage a team of Youth Workers
- Build rapport with children and young people
- Provide support to Foster Carers
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 5,600 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Based at our Ipswich office, this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of children and young people in Out of Home Care. Responsible for the development and implementation of Case or Individual Plans for Children and young people in our intensive foster care program.
- Directly manage a team of Youth Workers that provides support to children and young people
- Develop and maintain functional and supportive relationships with children/young people and their families in order to promote positive outcomes
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to Foster Carers
- Support and monitor placements ensuring carers participate in case planning process
- Participate in on call roster as required
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Social Work, Social Science, Psychology or Human Services preferred
- Experience within casework practice for children and young people
- Experience working with children and young people in out of home care and Foster carers
- Experience developing quality case plans or individual plans
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously with multiple clients simultaneously
- Experience working with individuals, families or groups from a culturally appropriate perspective
- High level communication, influencing, liaison, negotiation and mediation skills
Current unrestricted driver licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Competitive base salary and excellent NFP tax benefits
- Permanent Full Time Position, monthly RDO and Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Make a difference in the lives of children and young people
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Case Manager - Ipswich”.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice. Current application closing date is 27th February 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend