House Supervisor (DDS03A) - Full Time, Fixed Term - Hughesdale - VDAS
Job no: 493600
Employment type: Full Time
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of over 7000 employees working in more than 530 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This role independently delivers or supervises services that support people with disabilities, across their life-cycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity, respect and social inclusion, in the least restrictive environment. As the successful new addition to our team, you will be required to demonstrate strong leadership qualities, have experience in working in group homes, and have strong knowledge of relevant legislation as well as excellent skills in communicating effectively with a diverse group of key stakeholders.
This role is situated in Hughesdale and is a Full Time, Fixed Term opportunity until March 2021.
- Lead and plan support for people with disabilities, within their home and community, to participate in a range of life areas (including social, recreational and daily living activities) based on the goals of individual support plans.
- Advocate within the broader community on behalf of clients and their families, to support inclusion, participation and respect for rights.
- Work to develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and share practice knowledge.
- Identify learning and career development opportunities.
- Define and maintain professional boundaries.
- Work independently or as a team supervisor, with access to supervision, in a range of organisational relationships.
Skills & Experience
- Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management or equivalent Disability related qualification
- Current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Full driver’s licence
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any general enquiries (not applications) including persons with disability that require adjustments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on the 26th February 2020.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend