Disability Support Workers (all levels). Perm and contract- Melbourne Metro VDAS
Job no: 493322
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
About the Organisation:
Life Without Barriers was selected by the Victorian Government to operate a number of Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Short Term Accommodation and Assistance Programs (STAA) previously managed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). In the first half of 2019, 600 participants with disability and 1,200 employees transferred to work under the Life Without Barriers umbrella. With this opportunity comes a responsibility we take seriously about the trust placed in us by people and their families to provide support as a key disability provider in Victoria. See here for more information: https://www.lwb.org.au/disability/transfer-of-disability-services-in-victoria/
The DHHS has offered eligible employees Early Retirement Packages, resulting in several positions which we aim to recruit over the coming months. This creates opportunities to express interest in these positions and progress your career.
About the role
We are looking for all levels of Support Worker (DDSO1, DDSO1Q and Advanced) for various roles in the Melbourne Metro area. You will be responsible for providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring Individual Plan’s. You will also work to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients. This role involves working with clients with both complex, and high medical needs and complex behaviours, experience in these areas is essential.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide quality direct support to service users in line with their support needs, the program they are accessing, and all support plans including the service users Individual Plan.
- Increase the service users’ skills through independence, personal growth and development through the provision of active support and their enhanced participation as a valued member of their community.
- Implement development programs and identify and support learning opportunities for service users
- Assist in the delivery of programs that facilitate service users’ development of social networks and inclusion in community activities.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified in Community Welfare or unqualified
- A current Senior First Aid (level 2) Certificate.
- A current unrestricted Driver Licence.
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- The ability to develop a positive relationship with service users and to support their Individual Personal Plan.
In order to be compliant successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and an International Criminal History Record Check; if you have resided for 12 months or more outside of Australia in the last 10 years. A Working with Children Check is also required (where relevant to the role) and a current Victorian Driver's Licence is essential.
- Work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Life Without Barriers offers ongoing training, support and career advancement opportunities
- Flexible working hours
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 15th December
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability.
We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend