Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Team Leader - Disability
Job no: 493287
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
You will partner with people with a disability to achieve their goals and live their best lives. You will be responsible for ensuring the people you support are receiving a high level of quality care which is culturally appropriate, from a team of support workers whom you will lead, mentor and supervise. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the people you support have every opportunity to meaningfully participate in their Community.
We are only accepting applications from candidates that identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Life Without Barriers considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent is a genuine occupational requirement as outlined in a State or territory legislation and permitted as a ‘special measure’ under section 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and by articles 1(4) and 2(2) of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- Partner with people with a disability to identify and achieve their goals through individual support planning in line with their NDIS plan
- Partner with people with a disability to identify what supports they require to meet their needs at home and in the community
- Partner with people with a disability to ensure they can participate in their Community
- Mentor and Supervise a team of 20 Support Workers
- Manage the day to day operations for three to four Supported and Independent Living homes including managing health and safety, running team meetings and processing timesheets
- Maintain relationships with the stakeholders identified by the people you support as important to them.
Skills & Experience
- Qualifications in Social & Community Services or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership/management role in a human services organisation
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of services to people with a disability
- Established problem solving and conflict management skills
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Competitive remuneration
- Excellent tax benefits, salary sacrificing
- Monthly RDO
- Ongoing training and development
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Monday 16th December
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend