Client Support Officer/Case Manager (Aged Care). 6 Month Full Time Contract - Canberra
Job no: 493252
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
Opportunity to join the Life Without Barriers team on a 6-month full time contract as a Client Support Officer/Case Manager within our Aged Care and Veterans client services team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking client assessment and reviews, developing, monitoring, and reviewing service provision and goals in order to ensure the individual needs and goals of clients are met.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role as a Client Support Officer or Aged Care Case Manager and will have a strong understanding of the Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages and Veterans Home Care.
- Undertake client assessments and reviews.
- Produce high quality and comprehensive client support documents.
- Maintain communication with clients in order to support service development, planning and delivery.
- Work with clients to identify and achieve their needs, expectations and goals.
- Maintenance of referrals, client portal records and service bookings.
- Provide case management and/or coordination services for clients.
- Manage and monitor client budgets, funding and expenditure.
Skills & Experience
- Cert III or IV in Human Services or related discipline.
- Experience in delivering services in the Home Care or Aged Care sector.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply person-centred thinking.
- Commonwealth Home Support Program, Home Care Packages and Veterans Home Care.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Strong IT skills
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Vulnerable People Check .
- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Great tax benefits through Maxxia
- Fantastic supportive environment with progression opportunities
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Kestra Caller at email@example.com
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Applications close at midnight on Wednesday the 1st of April
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend