Support Coordinator NDIS, Max Term Full Time - Leederville
Job no: 493207
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
- 12 month full time contract (with view to extend)
- Work for a large social purpose organisation
- New Leederville Office!
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
The purpose of the NDIS Support Coordinator is to assist NDIS participants in the coordination and implementation of all supports in their funded plan, including; informal, mainstream and community supports, as well as funded supports.
The role will initially be a 12 month full-time contract - Monday to Friday based at our new offices in Leederville.
- Support the customer to implement their NDIS plan, including assistance to identify and select providers
- Monitoring plan outcomes & expenditure to ensure the plan remains in budget
- Help to build the capacity of LWB staff to effectively develop relationships and partnerships in local communities
- Actively participate in mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Ensure clear, accurate and timely record keeping including making information accessible to the customer
- Provide the NDIA and the customer, on request reports on outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency
- Comply with all Life Without Barriers policy, code of conduct, procedures and practices, external funding body requirements and legislation.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with people with a disability OR a Degree qualification in Health Services
- Experience creating positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of clients
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating personal planning processes
- Demonstrated application of the objectives and principles of the National Standards for Disability Services
- A professional and positive outlook about supporting people with disabilities and commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities and personal goals of people with disabilities.
- Current valid Drivers Licence
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 17th of November.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend