Disability Support Worker - Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
Job no: 493202
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Alice Springs & Central Australia
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
To actively support the individual needs of people who access Life Without Barriers’ disability services through supporting and promoting their skills and abilities, providing support with activities of daily living and developing, implementing and monitoring their Individual Plan. Disability Support Workers work as a team to facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with clients in a positive and proactive environment.
These permanent part time positions are based in our Day Program and will require you to work Monday to Friday, 8:30am– 3:30pm.
This is an Identified Position and therefore, we are only accepting applications from candidates that identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
Life Without Barriers considers that being of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent is a genuine occupational requirement as outlined in a State or territory legislation and permitted as a ‘special measure’ under section 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and by articles 1(4) and 2(2) of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community Access & Transport
- Maintain & Monitor Person Centred Plans
- Documenting & Progress Note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Community Welfare or similar (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Provide First Aid & CPR Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience working with Complex Behaviours (desirable)
- Passionate about provide Person-Centred and Active Support
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Ongoing training and development
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
- Access to salary packaging options
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Alice Springs".
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend