Home Care Worker - Level 1
Job no: 493151
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Cairns & Far North
Categories: Aged Care
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to actively support the individual needs of frail, aged and people with a disability who access Life Without Barriers' Community Care Services.
The roster for this Permanent Part Time position is mostly Monday to Friday (shifts start as early as 7am). The successful candidate will be offered approximately 15 - 20 hours of work per week.
We are looking for someone based local to the southern Cairns (Cassowary Coast) region such as Bingil Bar, El Arish, Tully, Mission Beach, Wongaling Beach, etc. Travel within this region is required.
Please note: our core business is domestic assistance. During shifts you will support our clients to do cleaning tasks that they may be unable to do themselves including sweeping, mopping, making the bed and cleaning the bathroom.
- Housekeeping duties in line with LWB Policies and Procedures such as (but not limited to) dusting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, cleaning surfaces, emptying bins fridges and freezers, as indicated in the clients care plan
- Washing clothing including hanging out to dry and folding of clothes
- Changing of linen as required
- Assist the client with showering, bathing, eating, grooming and any personal care needs as identified in their Care Plan
- Assist the client with community access as identified on the clients care plan
- Assist the client with activities such as (not limited to), shopping, hair dressing, post office and entertainment
- Administer basic first aid as required
- Manual handling in line with LWB Policies and Procedures as required
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support, or similar, or willingness to complete this within the first two (2) years of employment
- A current unrestricted drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- A current First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain before commencement
- A commitment to supporting and promoting the individual needs of clients
- The ability to develop positive relationships with the clients and to support their individual care plans as appropriate
- Good communication skills, including the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (including carers, families and advocates)
- Ability to work within and demonstrate the Life Without Barriers values in all interactions and tasks
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Permanent ongoing positions available
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com with the subject heading ‘Aged Care – Tully'
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
Current application closing date is midnight on Sunday 24 November 2019.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend