Disability Support Worker, Permanent Part Time - Bunbury
Job no: 493123
Employment type: Part Time
Location: Bunbury & South West
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability.
As a Disability Support Worker, you will play an important role in supporting and empowering people with disabilities to live in and access the community independently and to achieve their individual goals. Working in a team, you will facilitate the delivery of quality services and achieve positive outcomes with service users in a positive and proactive environment. You will be actively supporting their individual needs and creating a safe environment. You will be able to follow policy and procedure and have good communication and admin skills to report effectively as required.
Successful candidates will need to be available to work a 24/7 roster that includes regular shifts, night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Day-to-day care (including personal care)
- Positive behaviour support
- Community access & transport
- Following person-centred plans
- Documenting & progress note keeping
Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Disability, Community Services or similar
- Experience supporting people with disability
- Experience with PEG feeding and hoisting preferred
- Computer literacy and administration skills
- Current driver’s license
- Current first-aid certificate
- Ability to maintain clients’ privacy and confidentiality
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts across a 24/7 roster including weekends, nights and public holidays
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
- Career Development
- Salary Sacrifice Tax Benefits
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight Sunday, 17th of November 2019.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend