- You’ll recruit for a workforce partnering with people with disability
- Join a national team of 15 SME’s based across Australia in an organisation with 7,000+ employees
- Newly created position due to growth within one of Australia’s largest social-purpose organisations
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000+ employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support people with disability, children, young people and families, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
Life Without Barriers was selected by the Victorian Government to operate a number of Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Short Term Accommodation and Assistance Programs (STAA) previously managed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). In the first half of 2019, 600 participants with disability and 1,200 employees transferred to work under the Life Without Barriers umbrella. With this opportunity comes a responsibility we take seriously about the trust placed in us by people and their families to provide support as a key disability provider in Victoria.
About the Role
Our internal recruitment function punches well above its weight and you can forget any preconceived ideas that working for a Not For Profit might be an easy gig. In the last FY, our team facilitated the recruitment of 2,342 positions nationally with 97% of new hires sourced directly (sorry agencies). We’ve implemented and integrated PageUp, Sonru, Xref and HROnboard, creating a great HR Tech stack to make sure you’re focused on the candidate and hiring manager experience. And while we take our responsibilities seriously, we try not to take ourselves too seriously, so be sure to bring your whole self to work.
Reporting to the Talent & Attraction Lead you’ll facilitate the recruitment for the workforce transferred from DHHS. In partnership with Hiring Managers, facilitate the end to end recruitment for a range of roles, from frontline Disability Support Workers to specialist Disability Services positions. The position is Canterbury based and will require travel in and around Melbourne on a semi regular basis.
- Coordinate end to end internal and external employee recruitment (including sourcing, screening, interviewing, coordinating probity clearance and reference checks, offer process and providing candidate feedback)
- Facilitate Group Assessment Centres
- Represent Life Without Barriers at careers events, TAFES, RTO’s and universities as well as creating initiatives to attract candidates
- Develop and maintain positive and professional working relationships with key stakeholders and partners, building their capability to recruit
- Manage the administration tasks associated with the DHHS
- Contribute ideas and take active steps to enable process development and efficiencies in recruitment
- Build a strong customer service culture
Skills & Experience
- End to end (Preferably Internal) Recruitment experience servicing a diverse range of roles or client groups
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with Hiring Managers, employees and candidates
- Demonstrated experience managing competing priorities and delivering high quality outcomes within agreed timeframes
- Attention to detail is essential along with a strong work ethic and a passion for recruitment
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check.
- Work as part of a National team while focusing on the delivery for this workforce group in and around Melbourne
- Positively impact the communities in which we work
- Work within a Values based environment
- Competitive salary + Salary Packaging Benefits
- And a monthly Rostered Day Off so you can catch up on life
How to Apply
Simply click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples that require adjustments or support through the application or recruitment process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading outlining the job title and location.
We work with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds with varied life experiences, physical abilities and interests and we seek to employ people who reflect the great diversity of our clients. We know that your difference can be what makes the difference and we strive for an inclusive culture where you can be your whole self every day at work.
To be the best we can be, we actively seek people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to join us to partner with people to change lives for the better.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA