Care Coordinator, 12 month Max term Contract - Esperance
Job no: 493036
Employment type: Full Time, Part Time
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Categories: Disability, Mental Health
- 12-month contract full time contract
- Mobile, laptop and Tool of Trade vehicle
- Based in Esperance
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Community Services Coordinator to run our team in Esperance assisting clients in reaching their goals and growing the local services. You will be responsible for managing a team of Support Workers working in and around Esperance supporting our Disability & Aged Care and Mental Health clients.
The role requires someone with strong organisational and leadership skills as you will guide your team in providing high standards of supports and services to our clients as they work toward a more independent life.
In addition to managing staff, a large proportion of the role will be administrative including updating client information in our database, tracking incidents and claiming for services.
The role will be offered as a 12-month max term contract on a full-time basis - Monday to Friday. The role comes with a Tool of Trade vehicle, laptop and mobile phone.
It is a requirement for this role to be part of the Disability Management On-Call rotating roster (Approximately every 10 weeks).
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of support services, including the provision of formal supervision and management of a team of Disability Support Workers.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders including clients, families and guardians.
- Coordinate rosters alongside our Roster Officers to support clients requirements according to individual support needs, service funding and relevant legislation.
- Ensure the team complies with Disability Services Act Standards, other relevant legislation and Life Without Barriers policies.
- Manage conflict, provide coaching and developing opportunities and address performance issues within your team.
- Administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to; Claiming for services, develop and maintain client plans, database management
- Managing critical incidence as they arise including debriefing and engaging with internal support functions
- Where required provide direct assistance and support to people with disability.
Skills & Experience
- Diploma in relevant Social & Community Services qualification (requirement)
- Experience managing/supervising staff in the Disability sector
- Strong coordination, leadership and peer support skills.
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex needs and behaviours of concern.
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents.
- High level communication, influencing, liaison and negotiation skills.
- Current Driver’s License.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
- Monthly Rostered Day Off, Fully Maintained Tool of Trade Vehicle, Laptop and Mobile
- Attractive Remuneration Package with salary packaging benefits
- Career advancement opportunities
How to Apply
Please include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight Monday 21st of October.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend