Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counsellor, Part Time contract - Unley
Job no: 493004
Employment type: Part Time
Categories: Disability, Child, Youth & Family, Mental Health
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Alcohol and Other Drug Counsellor to join our dedicated team with the position based on Greenhill Road, Unley. This position if currently offered as a part time (22.8 hours per week) max term contract until 30/6/2020. The working hours can be flexible across the week and during school time hours.
The AOD Counsellor will support the program by assessing referred clients and providing therapeutic interventions including one to one and group setting counselling. Other duties may include contributing to the team's local community-based initiatives.
You will be committed to making a real contribution to our services and the outcomes we achieve in the community. You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in supporting individuals with substance misuse issues using a range of evidence based therapeutic and recovery orientated interventions.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or equivalent / relevant degree in Human Services
- Demonstrated experience in counselling individuals using a range of intervention techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of a range of therapeutic approaches to support individuals with substance abuse problems
- Demonstrated interpersonal/communication skills, including verbal, written and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective networks and relationships
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Current driver’s license
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
To include your resume and cover letter, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight AEST on Sunday, 20th October 2019
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend