- Join one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Competitive remuneration package including car allowance and NFP salary sacrificing
- Brisbane based, travel required throughout QLD and NT
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation with over 7,000 employees working in hundreds of communities across Australia. We support people with disability, older people, people with mental illness, children, young people and families, Life Without Barriers has earned a reputation for providing the highest standards of care across all their programs, placing people and their families at the centre of support and decision making.
Life Without Barriers has recently created new specialist portfolios of leadership to focus on Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health and another to focus on Child, Youth and Family services. This approach enables our teams to focus on the specific needs of people we support in a concentrated way. Driven by values to be responsive, imaginative, courageous, respectful, and build relationships, Life Without Barriers has a range of new roles including a new Director Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health for QLD and NT.
About the Role
Lead and manage Disability, Aged Care & Mental Health service delivery with an energy and passion that supports people to live their life the way they want. Encourage and model collaboration amongst teams to deliver high quality services to our participants of the NDIS, people using aged care services and people with mental health support requirements Engage with our sector partners to successfully deliver on contracts and be responsible for seeking to understand the experience of our customer.
Reporting to the (national) Executive Director Client Services - Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health, you will lead three Regional Managers across Queensland and the Northern Territory which includes regional and remote locations. With 3,000+ clients and a team of 800 employees, you will manage a budget of $70M per year.
- Lead, guide and support the QLD and NT Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health teams to deliver outstanding service levels across all programs, which ultimately enable people to live their life to the full
- Establish opportunities to expand service provisions across QLD and NT in Aged Care and Mental Health
- Prepare and support the effective management of Life Without Barriers disability services as an NDIS provider across both regions
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, accountability and service excellence
- Ensure that all service and program activities are aligned to the values of Life Without Barriers
- Forge and develop key stakeholder relationships within Life Without Barriers, across the sector and at the wider State and Federal government level
- Achieve operational and business objectives in line with agreed financial objectives
- Ensure governance and compliance structures are robust and optimised
- Build strong, collegial relationships at the executive level and across the broader business, sharing best practice and contributing to the broader organisational goals
Skills & Experience
To succeed, you will possess a track record of operational leadership gained from a disability services, aged care or related care setting and one which is focused on complex service delivery across a state-wide network. You’ll demonstrate a highly innovative and transformative approach to leading change, and outstanding communication and stakeholder skills. Key to your success will be your ability to lead a large portfolio in a highly competitive and evolving sector, ensuring the highest levels of client services are provided within a demanding financial, regulatory and commercial landscape. You will also possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in field such as Health Services, Social Work or related discipline
- Strong leadership skills aligned with the Life Without Barriers values
- Demonstrated experience in implementing evidence informed practice
- Understanding of budgets and acquittals and expertise in financial management
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including peers, employees, funding bodies and government agencies
- Cultural competency to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities
At Life Without Barriers we all share the responsibility for child safety. Successful candidates will be required to clear probity including National Criminal History Record Check as well as Working with Children Checks and State based probity checks.
- Have positive impact on a significant number of people, their families and the community
- Competitive remuneration package including vehicle allowance
- Work with one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
How to Apply
Click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. Should you require a confidential conversation in relation to the position, please contact David Meere on 0418 439 728.
For any enquiries including persons with disability as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples that require adjustments or support through the application or recruitment process, contact email@example.com with the subject heading outlining the job title and location.
We work with clients from diverse cultural and social backgrounds with varied life experiences, physical abilities and interests and we seek to employ people who reflect the great diversity of our clients. We know that your difference can be what makes the difference and we strive for an inclusive culture where you can be your whole self every day at work.
To be the best we can be, we actively seek people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI community and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to join us to partner with people to change lives for the better.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA