Business Analysis Manager. Permanent Full Time - Newcastle
Job no: 492883
Employment type: Full Time
Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Categories: Information & Communication Technology
About the Organisation
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose, not for profit organisation of 7,000 employees working in more than 440 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
About the Role
Reporting to the ICT Strategy & Architect Manager you will lead and support your team in defining business analysis practice and deliverables. Key focus areas will be business systems, business processes, and data workflow and management. You will also assist to define the application architecture and roadmap to support LWB. This is a permanent full-time role based in our Newcastle head office.
- Establish and refine frameworks to guide business analysis services, practices and products.
- Provide supervision and support to business analysts
- Mentor and train business analysts to build skills and capabilities
- Work with ICT management and senior leaders to plan work and resourcing
- Engage with ICT management and key stakeholders to design and implement LWB services and solutions
- Contribute development of enterprise architecture plans using formal enterprise architecture methodologies such as TOGAF
- Work with Solutions Architects to ensure all applications are compatible, supportable, leverage economies of scale and minimise overall complexity towards reducing our ongoing costs
- Define the data elements that are shared between business units and the relationship between those elements
- Ensure the optimisation of data and information management
- Assist application owners with the selection and development of applications
- Ensure security related events are managed to minimise risk or disruption to business operations
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technology and make recommendations to resolve business issues and pain points and to improve plans, processes and procedures
- Actively contribute to discussions to create, explore, improve and implement ideas, projects and plans
- Support the business and end users with information and guidance about new features and functionality
- Contribute to the development and update of documentation and materials that assist end users to use ICT technology and services.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in business, mathematics, computer science or similar
- Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively and empathetically with a range of stakeholders including senior leaders, peers, employees, and external organisations as a trusted advisor to drive learning and tangible outcomes
- Demonstrated experience leading and supporting analytical teams
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing business analysis services and products
- Exhibited experience planning resourcing and work assignments
- Experience working in large, complex and high transactional organisations
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Strong understanding of the solution development lifecycle
- Strong business analysis and process engineering skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated written communication skills for the creation of reports, correspondence and other material
- Strong verbal communication skills and presentation ability, particularly presenting IT clearly to different levels of users
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
- Opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest social purpose organisations
- Challenging position working in a modern, best practice ICT environment
- Excellent salary packaging benefits and monthly rostered days off
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 20th October 2019.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend